Dr. Tierney Park:

posted 22 Apr 2014, 13:52 by Mary O'Donnell   [ updated 30 Apr 2014, 08:24 ]
At the most recent A.G.M of Graignamanagh G.A.A Club a decision was taken that our playing field be officially named. Kilkenny Co. board were informed and all correspondence relating to our playing field is now called  after the man who was Club president in 1970 and was a Trustee of our club until his death in 1987. Dr. Tierney came to Graignamanagh in 1953 the same year our Club was formed under the name St.Vincents, he soon took a keen interest in our newly formed Club and when our now playing field came up for sale he was the driving force behind raising the 1,700 pounds needed for the purchase, and his vision was that the town would have an avenue for all sporting interests .Our Playing facilities are now among the finest in the County and our annual general meeting was very proud to have them Called Dr. Tierney Park
Comments